Tommy Lindgren - Mitätön (Insignificant)

The song samples J. Karjalainen's song Riisinjyvä and was released as part of the Nyt kolisee! album, which is entirely made up of Finnish rappers sampling / using the beat of J. Karjalainen's Et ole yksin (You're Not Alone) album. I have made a translation of the opening words of the CD leaflet, written by Karri Miettinen, aka rapper Paleface, in case you're interested in learning more about how the album came to be.

Link to the translation: https://zinethatranslates.blogspot.com/2023/07/nyt-kolisee-album-introduction-text.html 

Original Finnish lyrics
Oon kuullu puhuttavan riisinjyvistä
joihin mahtuu koko maailma, miehist pyhistä
kaukaa valtameren takaisista pikkukylistä
tuhatvuotiaista kaloista syvän veden sylissä
Jos ylistän sitä mistä tajuun vähiten
ehkä vähitellen vähin äänin näkis läpi sen
kävis läpi läpistä ne jotka ne lähti käsistä vek
voitsä välittää mun vähistä jämistäni, oon välillä hädässä ja hämilläni
Mut hätistän sen mielestä pois, kiellän sen pois
tiedän et ois mielekkäämpää päästä viereltäs pois
sietää siedätystä, niellä ylpeyden kun vielä lystää
tiedän ystävästä kaiken mutten pysty viemään yhtään
ajatusta loppuun, kun ajatus vaan loppuu
tän ajan tuskan kohtuus ei voi rajautua lohtuun
Hajaannuksen hajoominen, vaan on paras tottuu
lajityypilliseen lamaannukseen vajoon takas kohtuun

[J:]
Mitä hyvää olet tehnyt
mitä olet aikaansaanut joo
et juuri mitää
Mitä suurta olet tehnyt
mistä maailma sut muistais joo
et yhtään mitään
Rakkaat kädet käsissäsi
kävelette öistä rantaa hei
eiks tää oo mitään

No on se jotain ja muistelen mun isoisää
Kappelisatamantiellä kuiskaus uppoo suonen sisään
anna kaikkes ja sen jälkeen vielä puolet lisää
tän kiikkustuolin miinuspuoli on et vuodet lisää liikutusta
ja huoneen seinät liukuu piirun musta kauemmas
Nuoria miehiä huolien vieminä jalkeilla
yössä kuoseis kuolemankalpeina
ja mä puhallan mun palkeilla, liekitän puolella lauseella
unohtelen vuosia valveilla, mitä jos aika ois huomenna pausella?
Aivan sama, tää sairas kama vaan jatkuu ja jatkuu
taivas ja mana katoo saman paksun savun katkuun
pistä maksuavut taskuun, laita planeetalle laskuu
nää kengät on niin isot et jonkun päälle on aivan pakko astuu
Kenen on vastuu, jos vedes on kerenny kastuu
mä vedätän ja selätän kasvun, pitäs perätä enemmän laskuu
enkä menetä enempää menemäl elämän perässä keräten matskuu
oon selässä vedelly Venäjän kokoset pelot ja heränny hassuun
tunteeseen et vast ku tiedän kaiken, on vaikee tietää mitään
kotimaana mieletön mielentila, mun aikeet kiertää kehää
ihmisen osa, pienempikään, ei mahdu kieleen sisään
pakahdun rakastun takas kun makaan sun vieressä käperryn pieneeen kerään

English translation
I've heard them talk about pieces of rice
that can hold in them the entire world, about holy men
from small towns/villages across the ocean
one thousand year old fishes embraced by the sea
If I praise/glorify what I understand the least
maybe little by little, slowly/quietly would see through it
went through the buttonhole those that got outta hand
can you care about my scarce remains, occasionally I'm alarmed and confused
But I drive it off my mind, I deny it
I know it'd be more sensible to get away from your side
To tolerate the desenzitation, to swallow my pride when I still please
I know everything about a friend but I can't finish
a single thought, when the thought just ends
The reasonability of this time's pain cannot be limited to comfort
Decomposation of disruption, but it's best to get used to
Stagnation typical for my species, I sink back into the womb

[J:]
What good have you done
What have you achieved, yeah
Nothing much
What great things have you done
What would the world remember you by, yeah
Nothing at all
Dear hands in your hands
You walk on the beach at night
Is this nothing

Well, it is something and I reminisce about my grandfather
On Chapel Port Road a whisper submerges into the vein
Give your all and then after that another half more
A minus side of this rocking chair is that years add affection
And the walls of the room slide an inch away from me
Young men on their feet because they're worried
At night in designs/in good condition, white as a ghost (lit. "pale as dead")
And I blow with my bellows, I flambé with half a sentence
I forget years awake, what if time would be paused tomorrow?
Whatever, this sick junk just goes on and on
The heaven and mana disappear into the same reek of thick smoke
Put the payment aid in your pocket, send the bill to the planet
These shoes are so big that you have to step on someone
Who is responsible, if one's already wet from the water
I scam and defeat growing, I should inquire a bigger check
And I won't lose more by going after life collecting material
I've dragged on my back fears the size of Russia and woke up to a funny
feeling that until I know everything, it's hard to know anything
An absurd/epic state of mind as a home, my intentions circle
A part of a human, even a small one, won't fit inside a language
I burst, I fall back in love when I lie next to you I curl up into a ball

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antti Tuisku: En kommentoi (No comments)

Robinson Crue: C doesn't protect (Ei suojaa K)

Tehosekoitin - Maailma on sun (The World Is Yours)