Stepa & Are - Reissulaulu (Travel Song)

 The song samples J. Karjalainen's song Yksi kerrallaan and was released as part of the Nyt kolisee! album, which is entirely made up of Finnish rappers sampling / using the beat of J. Karjalainen's Et ole yksin (You're Not Alone) album. I have made a translation of the opening words of the CD leaflet, written by Karri Miettinen, aka rapper Paleface, in case you're interested in learning more about how the album came to be.

Link to the translation: https://zinethatranslates.blogspot.com/2023/07/nyt-kolisee-album-introduction-text.html 

Finnish lyrics

[Are:]
parketti polttelee mun sukkii
hyvä että työnkuvaan kuuluu lähtee nostelee ku trukki
kulkuri, tullut Suomi tutuksi
jos luukkuun jumittuu niin ei uni tuu
mä tuun hulluksi!
juuri siksi mies tää vielä täällä kiertää
tien päällä muuttaa osoitetta kuin mieltään
paalupaikalta haluun jatkaa
takaa-ajavat huhut rytmittää paluumatkaa

[Stepa:]
Papukaija suu alkoi vuodattaa valheita
tietokone täynnä muka kuvatodisteita
ja vaikka kaija oli aikoinaan minulle rakas
en aio mennä enää ikinä sen luokse takas
se on haikeaa ku ei toista enää nää
mut tää on Biittejä riimejä elämää
siitä on kauan aikaa ku muutin sieltä pois
mut löysin täältä kaiken mitä siellä unelmoin
vaikka mikään ei oo ikuista niinku wu-tang
mut meikä kulkee ihan toiseen suuntaan
ei mulla tietoa et mihinkä meen
mutta pysähtyminen ei tule kysymykseen
ku se on helppoa ku makoilu sunnuntaina
jos rahattomuus vaivaa ota lainaa
matkan päätteeksi pääsee omilleen
miksaan tulotasot kohilleen

[Are:]
menevä mies vetää ohituskaistaa
pakoon muovimaailmaa johon ei sopinut lainkaan
se on elävien hauta saastepilkku
Linnut Lennosta kii, pisaroina puihin tippuu
Pääskytornin korkeuksista tähystin alhaalle
Mitä jos lähtisin taas matkalle
vaihdan tämän Kylmän kaupungin puutarhaan
kyllästynyt vähän Bulevardien blueskaavaan
en oo luulosairas, kysymys päätä vaivaa
haluu uudisraivaan syntynnyinkö väärään aikaan
mielessä muu kuin Toijala maailmalle halu polttava
jos edessä on kartta se on kuin pässille porkkana
on paha keksii miinuspuoli
en lopeta ennen kuin eläköidyn isoäidin kiikkustuoliin 
niin vähän on aikaa pakko passii leimata 
yksi maa - yksi kansa

[Stepa:]
vaaratilanteita alakulttuurin teillä
oishan mukavampaa olla vaan meillä
vois nauraa illat ja päivät pelleillä
läppää heitän mulla on päässä iso reikä
jos tähän kyllästyy keksin jotain uutta
tarviin kahvikupillisen itsevarmuutta
jos keikun reunalla älä vaan tuuppaa
teen aakkoskeiton, jonka junnu luuppaa...

English translation

[Are:]
the parquet is burning my socks
good that it's part of my job to go lift like a forklift (it's a double: "lähtee nosteleen" is also a slang expression that means "to leave")
a traveller, Finland has become familiar
if I get stuck in a pad, I cannot sleep
I go crazy!
and that's exactly why this guy is still going around
on the road, changing his address like his mind
I want to continue from the pole position
the rumors chasing me give my way back a pace

[Stepa:]
A parrot's peak started to pour out lies
supposedly there's a computer full of visual proof
and even though I used to really love Kaija (papukaija=a parrot, but Kaija is a female first name)
I will never go back to her
It's wistful when you don't see the other anymore
but this is Beats, rhymes, life ("Biittejä riimejä elämää" = "Beats rhymes life" is an album by the Finnish rapper Nuutinen)
it's been a long time since I moved outta there
but everything I dreamed about there, I found here
even though nothing is for forever like Wu-Tang
but I walk an entirely different direction
I don't know where I'm going
but stopping is out of the question
'cause that's easy like laying down on a Sunday
if you suffer from lack of money, take a loan
in the end of the journey you break even
I'll mix the income levels to where they need to be

[Are:]
a busy man takes the overtaking lane
escaping the plastic world where he didn't fit in at all
it's a grave for the living, a contaminated spot
catching birds as they fly, they drop on trees like waterdrops
From the swallow hide I scoped down (swallow hide = a tower where you climb to look at birds from, in this case swallows specifically)
What if I'd leave for a journey again
exchange this cold city for a garden
I'm sick of this blues formula of boulevards (Blueskaava, "Blues formula" is a J. Karjalainen song)
I'm not a hypochondriac, a question bothering my head
wanting to be a settler, was I born in the wrong era?
thinking about something other than Toijala, a burning urge to get out into the world
if there's a map in front of me, it's a like a carrot to a sheep
it's tough to think of anything negative
I won't stop until I'm retired, in my grandma's rocking chair
there's so little time, I have to get a stamp on my passport
one country - one nation

[Stepa:]
dangerous situations on the roads of underground culture
it would be nicer to hang out at my place
so we could laugh all evening and goof around all day
I'm just kidding, I have a big hole in my head
if I get bored of this, I'll think of something else
I need a coffee cup full of self-confidence
if I rock on the edge, don't push me
I make an alphabet soup, that Junnu loops...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antti Tuisku: En kommentoi (No comments)

Robinson Crue: C doesn't protect (Ei suojaa K)

Tehosekoitin - Maailma on sun (The World Is Yours)