Solonen & Kosola - Miljoona vuotta (A Million Years)

 The song samples J. Karjalainen's song Meripihkahuone and was released as part of the Nyt kolisee! album, which is entirely made up of Finnish rappers sampling / using the beats from J. Karjalainen's Et ole yksin (You're Not Alone) album. I have made a translation of the opening words of the CD leaflet, written by Karri Miettinen, aka rapper Paleface, in case you're interested in learning more about how the album came to be.
Link to the translation: https://zinethatranslates.blogspot.com/2023/07/nyt-kolisee-album-introduction-text.html 

Finnish lyrics

[Solonen:]
Mä muistan ku radios soi Doris, sillon hallitsi Boris
Hän sai mut nauramaan, pysyttiin koodis, nää on
Juttui joista todella tykkää
Ku pidän kii siittä mikä hymyilyttää
Luotan itteeni, oon oman elämäni King
Sekaisin, se ken miettii mikä mahtaa olla in
Mihin kaikkos se henki sillon pääkadulta
Ku voitettiin jääkiekon MM-kultaa!!
Oi mikä ihana ilta
Apina orkesteri löytyy taas torilta
Vaikkei moni tienny mikä on lefti mikä righti
Sen pienen hetken oltiin sankareita kaikki
Kokkolasta! Ikuisesti ylpee
Kohta joka suomen mikrofoonis on mun sylkee
Ku nuorena kysy iteltä et muutukko?
Ei tienny et tulee kiertää maata niinku kuu-ukko
Kaikki muuttuu, jopa Super-Janne
Nykyhetki ei oo menneelle vaan tulevalle
Joten skoolataan sille ja nyt kaikki joraa
Tanssilattial mä oon timanttipora
Mä Tuun Läpi, ikkunan käytän
Ensimmäinen joten esimerkil näytän, Teen Sitä

[J:]
Miljoona, miljoona vuotta

[Solonen:]
Ja nyt on helppo tuulettaa,
aina uudestaan ja uudestaan

[Kosola:]
Pidin sitä aluks tavallisena festarina
Kunnes kävelin lavalta suomenmestarina
oli vaan fiilis, mikä mul on vieläki
Nää on mun parhaita päivii koska mä vietän niit niin et on
Menevii ja tulevii, kuka niitä murehtii
On niin paljon niit jotka leuka rinnas kuleksii
kattoen et mihin siit on
Mun ei tarvii ku nähä sut ja se pelastaa mun koko viikon
Sit vaan ylläpidän hyvii viboja
Ei pienist jutuist jaksa poltella hihoja
mä oon aina unelmoinu isosti
Tai sit en oo koskaan vaan kasvanu isoksi
Jokainen meist tallaa tavallaan
Jos se tuntuu hyvältä niin antaa palaa vaan
Välillä pitääkin vähän tyriä
kokemus tekee niistä hetkistä hyviä
Koska hei tiedän paikkani koska opin sen jo nuorena
Että minkä teen nii mä teen sen myös huolella
Jonku on oltava hyvien puolella
Koska hommat voi muuttuu jo huomenna

[S&K:]
Yhen kerran ystäville, toisen kerran sulle
Mulla on sellanen tunne
et ihan sama mitä tekee
ni hyvin se menee, viimestään siin vaiheessa kumme
Laitetaan tanssisaappaat jalkaan
ja tehdään se Boogiewoogie dance of Love!
Siihen fiilikseen jäin
Se on aina vaan menny näin
ja tulee menee viel

[J:]
Miljoona, miljoona vuotta oon onnellinen

[S&K:]
Eli ihan hyvin aikani käytän
Hymyilen siihen asti kun mä täytän

[J:]
Miljoona, miljoona vuotta oon onnellinen


English lyrics

[Solonen:]
I remember when Doris played on the radio, back then Boris still ruled (Doris is a song by J. Karjalainen and it came out in 1985. I cannot find which Boris he is talking about, though.)
She made me laugh, we stayed on code, these are ("She made me laugh" is a line from another J. Karjalainen song, Hän, 'Her'.)
Things one really likes
When I stick to what makes me smile
I trust myself, I'm the King of my own life
Messed up, the person who thinks what might be in
Where did that spirit go that we had on the main street
When we won gold in ice hockey world championships!! (1995.)
Oh what a wonderful night (Another J. Karjalainen song title, Oi mikä ihana ilta, 'Oh What a Wonderful Night'.)
A monkey orchestra is back on the market square (Another J. Karjalainen song, Apinaorkesteri, 'A Monkey Orchestra'.)
Even though many didn't know left from right
For that small moment we were all heroes ("Me ollaan sankareita kaikki" = "We are all heroes" is a line from Karjalainen's song Sankarit, 'Heroes'.)
From Kokkola! Forever proud (Solonen is from a town called Kokkola.)
Soon my spit will be on every microphone in Finland
When one asked themselves when they were young, will you change?
One didn't know they'll go round the globe like the Man in the Moon (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_in_the_Moon)
Everything changes, even Super-Janne (Super-Janne is a Finnish rap and R'n'B musician and producer.)
The present time is not for the past, it's for the future
So lets toast to that and now everyone is partying
On the dance floor I am a diamond drill
I come through, I use a window
The first, so I show the example, I do it

[J:]
A million, a million years

[Solonen:]
And now it's easy to ventilate/celebrate (it's a double - get it? 'window' and 'ventilate')
always, again and again

[Kosola:]
At first I thought it was a normal festival
Until I walked off the stage as a champion of Finland
I just had this feeling, and I still do
These are my best days because I spend them like they are
The past, the future, who worries about those
There are so many of those who walk with their head down (lit. "their chin on their chest")
Seeing where that takes them
All I have to do is see you and it saves my whole week
And then I just uphold the good vibes
No point in getting angry over small things (lit. "burn sleeves over small things")
I've always dreamed big
That, or I've never really grown up
Whatever rocks your socks (lit. "everyone steps on something in their own way" - I thought stepping on something and socks were close enough, haha.)
If it feels good then go ahead
It's good to mess up every once and a while
Experience makes those moments good
Because hey I know my place because I learnt it when I was young
That what I do, I do properly
Someone has to side with the good guys
Because things might change tomorrow

[S&K:]
One time for friends, second time for you
I have a feeling
that whatever we do
It's gonna go well, at least when we
Put on our dancing boots
And do the Boogiewoogie dance of Love!
That's the feeling I stuck with
It has always went like this
and it's still gonna

[J:]
A million, a million years I'll be joyful

[S&K:]
So, the way I spend my time is fine
I'll smile until it's my birthday and I'm

[J:]
A million, a million years I'll be joyful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antti Tuisku: En kommentoi (No comments)

Robinson Crue: C doesn't protect (Ei suojaa K)

Tehosekoitin - Maailma on sun (The World Is Yours)