Timo Pieni Huijaus - Käänteinen matadori (A Reverse Matador)

 The song samples J. Karjalainen's song Sinisestä kankaasta and was released as part of the Nyt kolisee! album, which is entirely made up of Finnish rappers sampling / using the beat of J. Karjalainen's Et ole yksin (You're Not Alone) album. I have made a translation of the opening words of the CD leaflet, written by Karri Miettinen, aka rapper Paleface, in case you're interested in learning more about how the album came to be.

Link to the translation: https://zinethatranslates.blogspot.com/2023/07/nyt-kolisee-album-introduction-text.html 


Finnish lyrics

punkun tahrimia papereita pöydällä,
niihin mustekynäl tulkkaan mun huolet
tärisevin käsin tunteita höylään
tääl ja tää biitti on mun pulssista puolet

itsevarmuudest on jäljel vaan varjo
näin varmast miehest tuli epävarma
pullost henki omaa takkiaan tarjoo
mut mun on selvänä kohdattava karma

oon muuttunut, mut se ei mennyttä muuta,
tää on mun syytä, siit ei kysymystäkään
oon saanu sulta tuhat tilaisuutta
silti niistä ansainnu kai yhtäkään

ei enää selkoo, onks tää katumust vai pelkoo,
mieli ei anna hetkeksikään rauhaa
nää sävelet oman tarinan kertoo
ja laitan Jukan radiosta laulamaan

[J:]
Sinisestä kankaasta on takki minulla
kun olen matkalla lemmittyni luo
Sinisestä kankaasta keväinen ilta
kun olen matkalla rakkaimpani luo
Hän mua oottaa
Oottaako? Oottaa
Tiedän et oottaa
Luulen et oottaa

peilin edes vika psyykkaus
kun miehen rippeet yhteen nitoen
halusin pukeutua kuin itse Rakkaus,
silti takki on sininen ku Eiffel 65

käänteinen matadori jalat ku makaronit
kun yritän auton romuani starttaa
"starttaa perkele!", siin on mun monologi,
takaraivos ääni: "nyt vittu skarppaat!"

wroom! pois alta ku mä tuun!
nyt hädin tuskin väistän muit autoi
ja mitä tulee J. Karjalaisen klassikoihin,
"mä en oo oikea cowboy"

en saa sua mielestäni pois,
vaan mieluiten vieressäsi oisin
toiveet jos huomisen lois,
oltais kaksin ja radiosta sois

nyt sydän pärisee ku rumpu,
matkal kuulemaan elämäni tuomion
Citikan ovi menee kiinni kuin pumpuliin,
pelkkä takkini herättää jo huomion

askel on hatara ja ryhtini matala
perhosten tilal varmaan ampiaisii vatsas
rystysil koputus ku hakkaisin vasaral,
mitä jos et ookkaan vastas?

multa loppuu vaan matadorin lakki,
punasen viitan tilal sininen takki
miekkana vanamo ja areenana sydän,
nyt ovi aukee, hengitän syvään

English translation

papers with red wine stains on the table
with a ballopoint pen I translate my troubles onto them
with my shaking hands I scale emotions
in here and this beat is half of my pulse

there's only a shadow left of my self confidence
and that's how a secure man became insecure
the genie in the bottle is offering it's jacket
but I have to face the karma sober

I've changed, but that doesn't change the past
this is my fault, there's no question about it
you've given me a thousand chances
but I guess I didn't deserve any of them

it's not clear anymore, if this is regret or fear
mind doesn't leave me alone even for a moment
these notes tell my story
and I play Jukka on the radio

[J:]
I have a jacket made of blue fabric
when I'm on my way to my beloved
The spring-like evening is made of blue fabric
when I'm on my way to my dearest
She's waiting for me
Is she? Yes she is
I know she is
I think she is

in front of the mirror, the last psyching
when I stitch together the remains of a man
I wanted to dress like Love itself
but still my jacket is blue like Eiffel 65

a reverse matador, legs like macaroni
when I try to start that car wreck of mine
"Start, goddammit!", that's my monologue
in the back of my mind, a voice: "now get it the fuck together!"

wroom! out of the way when I come!
I barely dodge the other cars now
and when it comes to classics by J. Karjalainen
"I'm not a real cowboy"

I can't get you out of my mind
but I'd rather be next to you
if dreams would create tomorrow
we'd be alone just the two of us, and on the radio it would play

now my heart rolls like a drums
on my way to hear the verdict for/of my life
the door of the Citroën closes like into cotton wool
even my jacket alone draws attentions

my steps are shaky and my posture is low
instead of butterflies I think my stomach has wasps
I knock with knuckles like pounding with a hammer
what if you're not here?

my matador hat is ending
instead of a red cape I have a blue coat
a twinflower as my sword and my heart as the arena
now the door opens, I take a deep breath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antti Tuisku: En kommentoi (No comments)

Robinson Crue: C doesn't protect (Ei suojaa K)

Tehosekoitin - Maailma on sun (The World Is Yours)