Paleface & Sidi Hossini Boudali: Ingouba

 The song samples J. Karjalainen's song Kreosoottii and was released as part of the Nyt kolisee! album, which is entirely made up of Finnish rappers sampling / using the beat of J. Karjalainen's Et ole yksin (You're Not Alone) album. I have made a translation of the opening words of the CD leaflet, written by Karri Miettinen, aka rapper Paleface, in case you're interested in learning more about how the album came to be.

Link to the translation: https://zinethatranslates.blogspot.com/2023/07/nyt-kolisee-album-introduction-text.html


Finnish lyrics
[J:] Beibi, sä ja mä
[P:] Tyttö miettii miten saisi kääntymään sen pään
[J:] Me ollaan järkevii
[P:] Piirre jonka peri isoäidiltään
[J:] Nykyaikaisii
[P:] Poika makaa maassa nääntymäisillään
[J:] Realistisii
[P:] Täällä moni ehtii päästä päiviltään
[J:] Tuoksu rautatien
[P:] Nää ajat
[J:] Se on kreosoottii
[P:] Nää ajat
[J:] Myrkyllistä hengittää

[P:]
isäs sanoo ettei pidä pelätä mitään,
jos sato kerätään kesäl, se pannaan keväällä itään,
tää maistuu siltä miltä elämän pitää
ne keksi vapauden muttei päässy elämään sitä,

äitis sano et teet kaiken mitä emännän pitää,
ja vähän enemmänkin, menet hänen perässään sisään
etunenäs pitää kokemusta kerätä, ikää lisää,
take a chance, et menetä mitää

tyttö kaataa lisää, poika on varovainen
tyttö ei kerro mitää, mutta sanoo kaiken
ovet kii, mut ikkuna o avonainen
tutut tuoksut, juoksut ja junanraide

kaipaus - kilahduksen ainoo sallittu muoto
tulee kalliiks ku tilanne on valmiiksi huono
pankin paniikkiluotot, koht' on Pariisin vuoro
Smultrongrund, beibi, sinä, minä, graniittiluola

sä matkustit maailman,
mä matkustin korttelin ympäri
pyöritit yöt pikkusormesi ympäri
kaikeks' onneksi onneni hylkäsi
yli olkani kolmesti, sylkäsin

jämäbisse, älä itke
mä selvittelen nämä kuosini itse
josset haluu, älä sit, mut me
tavattiin jo tuhansii vuosii sitte

sä et oo helppo, mutta elämäkään eioo
me ollaan samaa vaeltajaheimoo,
etsimässä keidasta, selviytymiskeinoo
yksiselitteist muita merkityksii ei oo

mä toivon et mu aivot pelais niinku enne
tietsä Biebi et sä pelastit mun hengen?
join sydän hylättynä, join tiputellen
mä kävin syväl, mut mä toin sulle helmen

ku mä laskin neulan, sä kuulit saundin
hiekkalaatikol aavikkotuulen vauhdil
kai se kaipaus on kuumetauti
mulla takki, sulla hiukset ja huulet auki

eri leveleil, mutta samassa huonees
palavat nuolet, oven läpi saranapuolelt
tät vetäessä elää mutta samalla kuolee
All hail King Salomon, mä rakastan sua, B!

säkit, sait sit haukata puolet
haudataan huolet, keräraakin kaukalovuodet
rytmi pumppaa ja laulajan kaulassa suonet
liian kaukana laumasta, kaukana Suomest

mä pystyin viimein avaamaan kuoret
jakamaan huolet, lataan akun, siirtämään vuoret
kytkee kii systeemii, aina palaan sun luokse
min pysselbiit... beibi, karataan huomen

English lyrics
[J:] Baby, you and me
[P:] A girl is wondering how to change his mind 
[J:] We are sensible
[P:] A quality she inherited from her grandma 
[J:] Modern
[P:] A boy is laying on the ground, starving 
[J:] Realistic
[P:] Many here reach death
[J:] The scent of the railroad tracks
[P:] These times
[J:] It's creosote
[P:] These times
[J:] Toxic to breathe

[P:]
Your father told you you shouldn't be scared of anything,
if you reap in the summer, you sow in the spring,
this tastes like life should taste
they invented freedom but didn't get to live it,

your mother told you you'll do everything a hostess has to do,
and a little more, you follow her inside
in front, have to gather experience, more age,
take a chance, you won't lose anything

the girl pours more, the boy is cautious
the girl doens't tell him anything, but says it all
the doors are closed but a window is open
familiar scents, running and the train tracks

longing - the only acceptable form of going mad
it's expensive when the situation is bad as it is
panic credits of the bank, soon it's Paris' fault
Smultrongrund, baby, you, me, a granate cave

you traveled the world,
I traveled around the block
you wrapped the nights around your little finger
luckily, my luck failed me
I spit over my shoulder three times (a superstition; to avoid bad luck)

leftover beer, don't cry
I will sort my things out myself
if you don't want to, then don't, but we
met thousands of years ago

you're not easy, but life isn't either
we belong to the same tribe of travellers,
looking for an oasis, a way to survive
unambiguous, there are no other meanings

I wish my brain worked like they used to
do you know, baby, that you saved my life?
I drank with my abandoned heart, I drank little bit (it's a double - "I drank little by little" / "I drank in droplets/bits")
I was low (lit. deep), but I brought you a pearl

when I put the needle down, you heard the sound
in a sandbox, with the speed of a desert wind
I guess the longing is a disease with fever
my jacket, your hair and lips, are open (hair is "open" when it's not on a ponytail or braided; her lips can be open aka her mouth is open, but "open lip" can also mean a busted lip)

on different levels, but in the same room
burning arrows, through the door from the side of the hinges
doing this, you live but you also die
All hail King Salomon, I love you, B!

you too, got to bite half of it
lets bury troubles, journeyman's years in the rink (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman_(sports))
the rhyrhm is pumping and the veins on a singer's neck
too far from the herd, too far from Finland

finally, I was able to open the shells
to share the worries, to recharge, to move the mountains
plugging into the system, I always come back to you
mä pystyin viimein avaamaan kuoret
jakamaan huolet, lataan akun, siirtämään vuoret
my pysselbiit... baby, let's run away tomorrow ("pysselbi(i)t" is Swedish. I assume it's some kind of a pet name for a loved one, but I don't know what it means)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antti Tuisku: En kommentoi (No comments)

Robinson Crue: C doesn't protect (Ei suojaa K)

Tehosekoitin - Maailma on sun (The World Is Yours)